File for the civic News: RCL CC notes of December 15 2016
See the above document for much more detail.
1. Wetlands: Jeffrey Katz, 1146 Ocean Boulevard, proposal to tear down the house and rebuild it on the footprint, keeping existing driveway and septic system. A site walk was planned on Dec. 22nd.
2. Wetlands: Alex and Joanne Zadeh, 245 Pionneer Road, review of a remediation plan following the cutting of trees in the wetland buffer.
3. Wetlands: John E. McCune Jr, 234 Parsons Road, request variance relief for an accessory building in the wetlands buffer. Members are against the request.
4. Wetlands: William and Donna Purdie, 1154 Ocean Blvd, request relief for a septic system and a shed in the wetlands buffer. A site walk was planned on Dec. 22nd.
5. Wetlands: Salvatore and Kathleen Petralia, 25 Appledore, follow-up regarding violations in the wetland buffer. A site was planned on Dec. 22nd.
6. Update on the role and responsibilities of the Trails subcommittee — member Mike Garvan is working on a draft with recommendations.
7. Mindi Messmer, State Representative for Rye and New Castle, and Hydrologist, made a presentation regarding the need for more testing of PFCs in wells surrounding the two landfills in Rye.
8. Susan Shepcaro requested to be considered as a member of the Rye Conservation Commission.
9. Tracy Degnan, Rockingham County Conservation District, talked about wetland buffer education and provided an update on marsh restoration.
10. Members discussed placing a warrant article with a bond on the March ballot — some members were not in favor; the item was tabled until the next meeting.
11. Non-Public Session per RSA 91-A:3 (d) Acquisition.